Southern Eye Specialists - the South Island’s experts in eye conditions.
Providing diagnosis and treatment of conditions such as Glaucoma, Cataracts and Macular Degeneration.
Christchurch-based and centrally located, the team at Southern Eye Specialists is made up of highly-skilled practitioners with unparalleled knowledge and experience, who are assisted by exceptionally gifted nursing staff and friendly, efficient administrators.
Having an eye condition can be frightening and worrying, which is why Southern Eye Specialists go to great lengths to ensure every one of their patients receives information and advice which is easy to comprehend and which allows them to make informed decisions.
Eye surgery, laser treatment or other procedures can represent a daunting prospect initially, but most conditions can be treated and, in many instances, any long-term damage can be avoided.
We are experiencing heavy phone traffic with some patients having difficulty getting through. In the first instance we suggest emailing us on email@example.com with the name of your doctor and the details of your appointment. We will reply promptly to all emails.
In this challenging time the care of our patients is of the greatest importance to us. We will be letting all patients know with utmost haste how their appointments will move forward given the recent changes in Covid-19 measures.
COVID-19 Protection Framework Traffic Light Settings
We are committed to ensuring that all our patients, whether they are COVID vaccinated or not, can receive the highest quality eye health care in a safe environment. At any level of the COVID-19 Protection Framework Traffic Light Settings apply:
1. If you have cold, flu or COVID-19 symptoms please stay home and call us to reschedule your appointment.
2. Notify us of your vaccination status (and, if applicable, your support person’s) if you haven’t already.
3. Practise good hand hygiene at all times.
4. Scan in using the NZ COVID Tracer app or log your entry in our manual register at reception.
GREEN: Everyone is encouraged to wear a mask.
ORANGE: Everyone is required to wear a mask.
• All patients are to remain in their cars until their allocated appointment time.
• Everyone is required to wear a mask and will be screened for Covid symptoms or exposure as they enter.
• Support persons should not attend unless the patient requires extra assistance. Only one support person can accompany the patient.
• Waiting areas will observe social distancing requirements.
We will continue to follow all MoH and Canterbury DHB COVID-19 guidelines.
See the range of services that Southern Eye Specialists provides
Meet the highly qualified team of Eye Specialists and our caring support staff
Find out more about the various conditions that can be diagnosed and treated
Get to know what Southern Eye Specialists is all about and how to find us