Southern Eye Specialists - the South Island’s experts in eye conditions.
Providing diagnosis and treatment of conditions such as Glaucoma, Cataracts and Macular Degeneration.
Christchurch-based and centrally located, the team at Southern Eye Specialists is made up of highly-skilled practitioners with unparalleled knowledge and experience, who are assisted by exceptionally gifted nursing staff and friendly, efficient administrators.
Having an eye condition can be frightening and worrying, which is why Southern Eye Specialists go to great lengths to ensure every one of their patients receives information and advice which is easy to comprehend and which allows them to make informed decisions.
Eye surgery, laser treatment or other procedures can represent a daunting prospect initially, but most conditions can be treated and, in many instances, any long-term damage can be avoided.
We are experiencing heavy phone traffic with some patients having difficulty getting through. In the first instance we suggest emailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of your doctor and the details of your appointment. We will reply promptly to all emails.
In this challenging time the care of our patients is of the greatest importance to us. We will be letting all patients know with utmost haste how their appointments will move forward given the recent changes in Covid-19 measures.
Southern Eye Specialists are still open.
Christchurch is currently in COVID Alert Level 2. At Southern Eye Specialists this means:
1. We are open for business as usual. All surgeries and appointments will run as scheduled.
2. Please sign in using the COVID app on your phone and practice social distancing while here. The waiting rooms will be modified to make this easier for you.
3. To help maintain social distancing, please can any support person with you for your appointment wait in the car, unless absolutely necessary.
4. You may notice staff wearing masks and you are welcome to wear your own mask. You may be asked to remove it for short periods however to allow us to carry out tests.
5. If you are sick with a cough, runny nose, fever etc please stay home and call us for advice.
With some simple precautions we can all stay safe and beat this thing once again!
To set up an appointment or talk to our team either:
See the range of services that Southern Eye Specialists provides
Meet the highly qualified team of Eye Specialists and our caring support staff
Find out more about the various conditions that can be diagnosed and treated
Get to know what Southern Eye Specialists is all about and how to find us